It’s no secret that we encourage free play. If you want your child to play freely and safely, you must dress them in clothes that allow them to do so. Check out these clothing tips for the playground:
- Keep aware of clothing that could get caught or that your child could trip over, like untied shoelaces, hoods or drawstrings.
- Try to dress your kids in long pants and shirts, even when it’s warmer out. Covering the skin prevents scrapes, bug bites and too much sun exposure.
- Avoid sandals, even when it’s warm out. Closed-toe shoes like sneakers prevent rocks and gravel from getting stuck in their shoes.
- If your child has long hair, make sure it’s tied up so it doesn’t get caught on equipment.
- Dress kids in clothing that’s okay to get dirty and stained – a major part of free play is allowing kids to get dirty!
- Buy weather appropriate clothing, so kids can enjoy the playground all year round!
The best part? You don’t even need to head to the store – you more than likely have all of these clothing items already! Now all you have to do it get dressed and head to the playground!