July is here, and that means we are already nearing the middle of summer break. Are you feeling burnt out from the daily grind? You’re not alone! It is common for parents to start to reach the end of their creative limits at this point in the season, feeling as if they have tried everything to get the kids out of the house, away from the electronics and into the sun.
We’re here to help. International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA) and the Voice of Play challenge you and your little ones to complete our Summer Playground Bucket List. Check out our ten fun activities to complete over the summer while at your local community park or playground.
- Read a book under the shade of a big tree
- Play hide-and-go-seek
- Pack an afternoon picnic for the whole family
- Create an obstacle course and see who can get through the fastest
- Take your bikes, scooters, skateboards or roller blades (don’t forget your helmet!)
- See how many forms of wildlife you can spot
- Bring a soccer ball, football or other sport equipment for a family scrimmage
- Plan a scavenger hunt
- Meet a new friend…or two…or three!
- Visit all the playgrounds/parks in your community, and decide which one is the family favorite. Then visit again and again!
Need some more ideas for fun, free outdoor play? Check out www.voiceofplay.org.
You’re never too old to use your imagination. But in case you are having some trouble tapping into your inner youth, try our list for starters! Grab the kids, get outside and be active.
Photo courtesy of Voice of Play.