Are you looking for the perfect way to fill your fall with more family-time? International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association and the Voice of Play is here to help with our top ten recommendations on how to get the little ones away from the screens and more involved with the changing seasons.
- Make your own candy- or caramel-coated apples. They make a great gift or an after-dinner snack.
- Visit a local pumpkin patch, hop on a hayride, sip some hot chocolate and choose the very best pumpkin to carve when you get back home.
- Rake leaves together… and then jump in them!
- Gear up for a hike. You could even pack a picnic lunch, stocked with a thermos of hot apple cider.
- Grab a football, baseball or soccer ball and make use of that grassy spot in the neighborhood or park.
- Toast some pumpkin seeds and munch while watching a classic Halloween movie (we recommend It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown).
- Prepare for a scare at a haunted house and corn maze.
- Decorate the house with cozy fall décor – but don’t forget the occasional jack-o-lantern, witch and creepy spider.
- Bake your grandma’s famous banana nut, zucchini or pumpkin bread. Your home will smell more like fall than ever!
- And, of course, make a pit stop at your local playground on a crisp, sunny day.
Photos courtesy of Google and GameTime